Friday, July 3, 2009

Accounts Receivable




(First things first: The above image is a manipulation I did several years ago on an ancient computer running a trial version of PhotoImpact. At the time, I was offline, and shared these manipulated images with only one very special damsel friend, who was not posting them online. Hence, I considered it to be no problem with copyright infringement.
Now, that I'm back in the online damsel-hunting business, I find that I have dozens of images, but I am reluctant to share. In some cases, I do not recall where I found the original pictures, in others I do not know who the originator is. So, I cannot ask them directly for permission to post on my blog, or to share with others. While it is true that my manipulated images usually are difficult to connect to the original artwork, I remain sensitive to the concerns of the artists who create these images which we all enjoy. I want to give them full accreditation, or refrain from sharing them, as they desire.
The above image is one of those examples. I cannot find the site from which I *secured* this original damsel artwork. I do not recall the artist's name, and I cannot find the original again. So, for the (lamentably) few who read my prattling in this place, I ask your assistance.
If you are the original creator of this damsel, then please contact me by e-mail or comment on this entry. If you would like an acknowledgment from yours truly about the origin of this image, I shall be happy to do so. But, if you object to my posting her, then I shall take her down, immediately.
If you know the originator of the damsel, then please contact me, so that I may contact him.
(I keep it easy: the email is Ty_R_Upp@yahoo.com, or TyroneRUpp@gmail.com).



(in character as TRU)


Memorandum:

From: Office of the CEO, TRU Industries
To: TRU Industries, Accounts Receivable Collections Dept.
Re: New Collections Techniques


HQ wishes to inform the Collections Dept. that, due to your implementation of the company's new collections policies, TRU Industries now enjoys the lowest rate of non-paying and/or delinquent accounts in the nation. This has led directly to a 12.3% increase in company profit margins, and is reflected in whole in our bottom line P&L statements at the end of the quarter. Congratulations!

We especially note the dramatic decrease of high-end delinquencies; i.e., late or non-payment from high-income clients whose financial status indicates the ability to pay, despite their demonstrated unwillingness to do so. Our figures track the increase of payment compliance in this sub-category from the low-90's to virtually 100% compliance. Again, congratulations.

HQ also notes:
(1) The increased time-efficiency of the new methods (payment within a day or two), over the old negotiation approaches (payment in weeks or months, if ever);
(2) The near-100% retention rate amongst the all-male field operative work staff; and,
(3) The financial flexibility afforded TRU Industries, by receiving all delinquent collections in small-denominated cash payments, or in confirmed EFT's (electronic funds transfers) to our numbered Caribbean bank accounts.

Management extends a note of appreciation to Project Managers Kidd Knapper and Abe Ductor, as well as to all the henchmen field operatives for their creative and diligent efforts to help keep TRU Industries on the Black Side of the financial ledger. Keep up the good work, fellas!


--- Tyrone Randolph Upp, CEO
TRU Industries, Inc.



***********

No comments:

Post a Comment