Saturday, July 4, 2009

Connections and Attachments















(in character as TRU)


This week, I've had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of a new damsel business colleague, the lovely Ellie S.

Currently, Ellie serves as the private, executive assistant to the Treasurer of a major corporate entity, here in the States. Since her boss is facing some personal financial problems of his own, most of the day-to-day duties fall to Ellie, who practically runs the office herself. Coincidentally, her company does multi-million dollar business with my target primary bank.

Since she has connections with the bank, and the authority to act on the company's behalf regarding their liquid assets, I politely requested Ellie's assistance in helping me to replenish my own cash reserves.

Late one night last week, I personally 'introduced' myself, and 'invited' Ellie to spend the weekend at my hidden retreat in the woods. Granted, it doesn't have all the amenities of the modern world, but that is in exchange for the increase in privacy, and the elimination of annoying distractions, like witnesses neighbors, friends, associates, etc., etc.

At first, she seemed reluctant to go, but then I offered Ellie some personal touches to make her comfortable, and feel right at home.


Initially, our discussions got off to a rocky start. Ellie was hesitant about the whole idea, and there were long stretches in which she seemed to have nothing intelligible to say, altogether. Ultimately, though, I succeeded in getting Ellie to focus on the advantages of doing business with me, as well as on the disadvantages of her refusal. And, in the end, she came to agree that my business proposal was an offer that she simply couldn't refuse.

Ellie's cooperation was invaluable in obtaining the authorization codes necessary for the bank to make the electronic transfers from her company's accounts, to my personal accounts in the Cayman Islands, where the money is so desperately needed.


P.S.: It seems that no 'good' deed ever goes unpunished. Shortly after I released thanked her for her assistance, Ellie went straight to the authorities to discuss the private deal that we had worked out that weekend. And, despite the fact that our private transactions are really no business of theirs, the DA's office has begun asking intrusive, personal questions about my finances.

So, I think that before the grand jury convenes I leave town on an overseas business trip, I should treat Ellie to a surprise late night date. Perhaps I shall take her on a romantic,
midnight stroll along the pier, down by the waterfront. I know a lovely little place down there, called "The Cinder Block".

I am confident that, once I get her down there, she will no doubt become attached to it ...





----- From the personal diary of Tyrone Randolph Upp
CEO, TRU Industries

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment